Lose Your Accent – 5 Week Course
Did you know that people make an instant judgment about you the first time they hear you speak? Make your first impression your best impression!
This course is for you, if you have:
- Poor Pronunciation – A major communication barrier!
- Monotonous intonation – Will disengage your audience!
- Choppy speech rhythm – Will make it difficult to understand your message!
Improve your Pronunciation, Stress, Rhythm and Intonation to control and enhance the way you speak. Once you master the skills taught in this workshop, you will be able to get your message across to your listeners faster, more accurately, and more confidently, in business and social situations.
The goal for each participant will be to make a significant improvement in clarity of spoken English. The workshop atmosphere is fun and inclusive.
Who should attend:
Speakers of English as a foreign language who wish to improve the clarity of their spoken English in all speaking situations.
- Improve your pronunciation of familiar words, word and sentence rhythm and intonation to achieve a clear, North American speech pattern.
- Understand your personal errors, and how to improve them.
- Improve listening and auditory discrimination skills.
- Pronounce unfamiliar words.
- Practice at home with the home study materials provided, to maintain and improve your new skills.
- Course Format will include individual feedback as well as team exercises to practice listening and speaking skills.
- We measure your progress, and use audio, video and computer biofeedback (a specialized computer program which allows you to immediately see, hear, and compare your accent to that of a native Canadian speaker).
- Customized SpeechScience books and CDs accompany all of our programs.
Dates: Jan 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, 2012
Location: SpeechScience Office at The Colonnade building, 131 Bloor St. West, Suite 504B, Toronto, Ontario, M5S1R1
Time: 6:15-8:15 pm
All materials included – ($350 value)
Instructor: Mirjana Belcevski, BA, MA, SLP, Reg. CASLPO
Limited seating available. Class size for each course: maximum 8
TO REGISTER CALL: 416-323-3881 OR EMAIL: Bonnie@speechscience.com
For similar courses in New York, please contact us through our consultation form, or call us at 1-877-939-3881.
Powerful Communication, Innovative Techniques, Measurable Results